The 7 Stages:
1. Shock and Disbelief. – Wow an event, how awesome… wait it’s a single mixer… wait no, I’m STILL single?!
2. Denial. – No way, this event is totally not for me. I don’t need to go to these things to find somebody.
3. Bargaining. – It can’t be soo bad, heck it must even be fun. I’m sure I’ll have fun won’t I? Maybe I can go just for a bit and then leave, ok what if I check to see if I have friends going on Facebook?
4. Guilt. – If I don’t go, my parents are totally going to blame me for never trying hard enough.
5. Anger. – These events suck anyways, only weirdo’s and awkward people go to them. Why do I have to go?! This is bullshit that I’m still single.
6. Depression. – Oh my god, I’m still single… NOOOOO!!!!
7. Acceptance and Hope. – It won’t be so bad, I’m sure I can meet someone. Maybe I’ll even go with a friend.